- What is your favorite yoga pose & why? Child’s pose because I go to
it often and Warrior 1 pose because it helps me build focus, power
2. What is your favorite food/meal? My favorite food is an apple and I
have one almost every single day!
3. What do you like to do when you have an hour of free time? When I
get a moment of free time I usually put on some good music and
make a list….I know, not too exciting but it helps me prepare!
4. What is your guilty pleasure? I love anything salty!
5. What is the best book you’ve read & why do you love it? Wishes
Fulfilled by Dr. Wayne Dyer- he words pierced my heart and helped
course correct my life’s direction. Second book is Soul-Centered by
Sarah McLean- her experience and wisdom about meditation are
amazing and led me to a consistent meditation practice. I felt like she
became a friend of mine while reading it. The cool thing is, she is now
a friend of mine!
6. What is your favorite season & why? Summer….I love warmth and
7. Why do you/should you meditate? I feel as if meditation is like a
golden key to life….if you practice it you will open doors that you
never knew existed. It allows you to see things from a different
perspective. At first taking a pause can be challenging because there
is so much to do. We are busy people!! The idea of sitting and “doing
nothing” can be tough for some. However, there’s power in the
pause. It’s the beautiful space between your thoughts and youractions. Sitting and meditating allows one to become less reactive
and more engaged in the present moment.
8. What is your “story” about why you teach/What makes you
passionate about teaching? I teach only because I know how much
my life changed by incorporating a daily meditation practice. I am
more compassionate and empathetic. I now listen to understand
instead of to reply. I take time to just breathe and connect with my
heart. I am a better wife, mother, coach, friend and
colleague because of my meditation practice and I could not imagine
my life without it!
9. What is one thing you want students to know about your
teaching style? I am passionate about what I do and love
incorporating music at the end of most guided meditations.
10. Do you have a favorite yoga mat or meditation cushion? no