We offer a wide array of classes throughout the year to meet all of your personalized needs. Check out some of our current offerings.
Are you or someone you know new(er) to yoga? Would you like to build on your practice to feel comfortable attending a “regular” class? Have you attended another “beginner yoga class” and feel like you need a little more?? If so, we have a series for you!
This series is 3 consecutive classes. If you’ve never done yoga before or feel intimidated by starting in a class of all levels, this is the perfect way to get comfortable with the poses.
Join Stephanie as she covers all the major yoga poses, so that by the end of the series, a student will feel comfortable and confident taking ANY of our classes at Vella Yoga. Be prepared move your body, learn, laugh a lot and HAVE FUN! At Vella, yoga is FUN!
The series is intended to take all classes in a row. However, if you miss one of the weeks, you can make up that class anytime during the next month.
A gentle yoga class appropriate for all levels. This class focuses on slow movement with longer holds. Appropriate for all levels. This class is typically taught by Stephanie.
An alignment-based faster paced flow class. This class is better suited for those with at least 1-year yoga experience. This class is typically taught by Stephanie or Ellie.
Restorative yoga starts with a short meditation to center our mind and slow movement to prepare our body for this 60 minute practice. In this class, we will hold 5-7 poses for 3-5 minutes to obtain the biggest release of tension. All poses are performed on the floor.
Restorative yoga is the centering of your breath and body – aligning the physical and mental by practicing stillness or gentle movement for extended periods of time. The use of props assist in helping you to hold poses longer.
There are many benefits of restorative yoga, including:
Deeply relaxes the body.
Stills the mind.
Improves capacity for healing and balancing.
Balances the nervous system.
Boosts the immune system.
Develops qualities of compassion and understanding toward others and self.
Enhances mood states.
Take time for you and give yourself this delicious treat for mind, body & soul! You will leave class feeling an abundance of peace and calm and will most likely experience the best night of sleep in a long time!
This is the perfect event to attend with a friend or loved one.
No yoga experience necessary.
Join us for this single session to learn the 10 Basic Mat Pilates poses. We will practice together so you feel confident to join a regular mat Pilates class on either Sunday or Tuesday mornings. This class is for those new to mat pilates or for those who would like a review.
Meditation classes will allow you to unwind your mind and return home relaxed and refreshed. They will provide you with new tools for dealing with stress, anxiety, and problems. They will also help you to overcome negative states of mind such as anger and jealousy, and to cultivate positive minds such as patience and love.
If the thought of being still scares you a little, that just means you probably need it!
To register for upcoming dates, click HERE
Take as many regular session yoga classes as you’d like! The more the better for this option! Please note some “special event” yoga classes are not included but can be purchased separately.
The classes incorporate all the key principles of Pilates such as postural alignment, breathing, core stability, controlled movement and flexibility. They are low-impact. The mat floor exercises may also be combined with other props such as weights, balls, therabands, rings, and Barre.
Pilates is the perfect compliment to yoga, as we strengthen the core & spine which helps with balance as we age. Mat Pilates is great if your knees don’t like to go up & down – almost all classes are performed on the floor.
Yoga Pulse is a new “twist” on your typical yoga class. Utilizing light weights, (or not) this class focuses on building strength and stamina, while holding onto the natural benefits of yoga such as increasing flexibility and body awareness.
Each class starts with an opportunity to warm up your body and mind, followed by a series of poses (with or without the use of weights) to increase muscle strength and endurance, as well as intensify the heat we have built up in the body.
Our sequences come to a close with a cool down, focusing on flexibility and allowing our muscles to stretch and come back to a state of relaxation.
Each class infuses a theme designed to improve strength, flexibility, and awareness of our minds as well.
Modification and options are offered for those not quite ready to add weights or those new to yoga.
Join us for Baby+Me yoga.
This offering is for babies 6 weeks-12 months (or not yet walking) and their caregivers. We will focus on connecting to our babies, our bodies, and each other with this fun gentle class!
Drop-ins are welcomed for this offering. + Sundays 4:30 – 5:30 PM + September 18th – October 30th + $15/visit
- The New Moon is a time of intention setting and creation. Join us as we harness the energy of the New Moon through a Cacao and Sound Ceremony with Rachel Harwood.
- Cacao ceremonies have been a significant part of tradition in Central America for centuries. The people native to these lands knew that this ‘Food of the Gods’ had medicinal properties and were a highly cherished part of their culture and traditions. Raw cacao, different from chocolate as we know it, helps to open up the energy of the body and amplify the heart. It helps us to be more aware, awake, and conscious. Cacao offers a beautiful calming effect, and is a natural aphrodisiac.
- Learning to open our hearts is the most important thing we can do as human beings. This allows us to open wide to our true potential, be vulnerable, and embrace our authentic selves. It is through discovering who we really are, that we can reach our highest potential; and create the most beautiful life for ourselves, and those around us. The more we connect to love and awareness in ourselves, the more we can make more loving and conscious choices for the greater good.
- As we begin our ceremony with cacao and open our hearts, we will move into a lovely sound meditation. We aim to achieve balance within the body, mind, and spirit through the beautiful vibrations of the crystal singing bowls. Sound Healing Practitioner, Rachel Harwood will be offering a sound bath designed to restore harmony, and offer a great sense of peace and well-being.
- We are energy! We are affected by the energy of all that exists around us… from thoughts and feelings to other living and non-living things. We are affected by space, light, sound, electrical currents, the sun, and the moon. All things carry vibrations, and those vibrations, often unbeknownst to us, can disrupt the natural balance within us. They influence how we feel. Through the offering of intentional and specific tones, our bodies can realign with balance, calm the nervous system, and restore our natural ability to heal. The crystal singing bowls offer gentle and soothing sounds, creating a magical experience, to do just that.
- This is a perfect way to alleviate stress and welcome a greater sense of calm into your being. BRING YOUR FAVORITE MUG!
- Come dressed in comfortable clothing. Yoga mats and blankets are available for you to use.
Are you sick of dieting, but you know you need to “clean it up”? Me too!
There are so many reasons to reset our nutrition & digestive system. Perhaps you are feeling foggy, groggy, tired, bloated or just “off”. Spring and fall are the best times because our outside environment is changing. When the seasons change, it’s a signal to our body to change what we’re eating, reset our system. I’m sure you’ve heard that good health, in the body and mind, begins in the gut. And certain foods can lead to digestive issues, inflammation and cancer. Let’s give our bodies the gift of a reset and clear it out for the upcoming warmer months.
This Fall reset is only 2 short weeks, and in those 14 days, I can assure you that you will feel amazingly better!
You will receive the following from me:
*Meal Plans and Recipe ideas for the 14 days
*Continuous support, answers to any questions, obstacles, etc.
*Access to our Private Facebook page community and discussion
*Unlimited email support during the reset
Please note, this is NOT a deprivation diet! This isn’t about juicing or fasting, we will eat nourishing, seasonal and comforting fall foods/meals – all REAL food.
This class will be held on Zoom, so if you cannot attend live, the session is recorded for you to watch at your convenience.
If you’d like to attend the FREE informational session on 10/20 at 6PM,
please scroll to the bottom & email me HERE
If you know you’d like to get registered, click HERE
For Zoom link, click HERE
The actual reset will start on Sunday, 10/22 and end 10/31 with Support & Zoom calls in between.
This class is geared toward gaining strength in all areas of the body – we will target specific and different areas each class by using bands, weights and other equipment as necessary. This is an all-levels class and modifications will be given when needed,
This class is for those who want to get a good stretch in the body without the up & down moments of a flow yoga class. We will be on our feet once in a while, but the transitions will be gentle and slow. This is perfect for those with mobility issues or if you’d like a super gentle yoga class.
This class is for seasoned yogis who like a faster paced class. Transitions will be fast and yoga poses will be held longer than normal. 1 or more years of yoga experience and a strong practice is required.